Friday, November 04, 2005


Its my birthday and I'll blog if I want too...operatically, of course

Have you ever noticed that birthdays are never celebrated in opera? I'm beginning to notice they never get celebrated around here either, but enough about my personal life.
Linus the WOD mascot and myself, the host of same show, happen to share the same birthday. That would be today.
Yeah for us.
Linus is going to get some yummy canned food a new toy, and Mozart (he likes Germans - Mozart, Beethoven, et. al)the overture AND the conclusion to Don Giovanni.
And since I control the mic over here at WOD, you also get to listen to the Act 2 (Antonia) trio from Les Contes D'Hoffmann. Neil Shicoff, Kurt Rydl and Jose Van Dam.
Mozart's Clarinet Concerto because I used to play that instrument, and Alfred Brendel with the complete Beethoven Piano Concertos because I always WANTED to play that instrument.
The overture to Traviata - this is one of the best overtures EVER written.
Ezio Pinza singing vecchia zimarra - he is singing to his COAT, folks.
Che faro senza Euridice - not just because von Otter is brilliant, which she is, but because its just so sweet - that flute trill in the intro kills me every time.
Enjoy.

10 Comments:

Blogger ScottyGee said...

Happy B Day!

10:28 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Wishing you a day worth remembering! And thanks for the audio gifts. But aren't you supposed to be receiving the presents today?! Hope you get spoiled!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Happy Birthday! Joyeux Anniversaire...Bonne compleanno...Froh Geburtstag.


I copied those from your comment to me on my birthday. I really loved it that you left birthday greetings for me in other languages.

I hope you and Linus have a great and wonderful day!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Thanks all!! I'm working today (blech) but should have some fun tomorrow. Linus will have some new toys and good chow if he ever decides to stay awake enough to enjoy it!

Thank You, Je vais bien, Mille Grazie, und Danks Gut!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Sherriatric said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Happy Barfday, darlin ... glad you kept your sense of humour as you hit the big 5 - 0!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

um nils? i'm 41 today, you big goof!
thanks sherri and welcome! take some music with you- :)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Nilbo said...

41 ... celsius?

4:07 PM  
Blogger KULA said...

I know I'm like two days behind, but Happy Birthday! Better late than never :)

1:46 AM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

thanks Dima!! I celebrated some last night, and it was fun.
;)

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home