Saturday, March 25, 2006


Tom Hampson Song of America interview, redux

Yep, he really was here! The pics below show the studio during the interview. The photo is a little smushed, but here we are in about as full of a shot of the studio as you can get - we call it the fishbowl. We're both smiling a lot - it was a fun time. I usually face the board so I can watch the levels, but this way it was more conversational and a lot more fun.





Did I tell you we had fun? (how many times can I say fun in this post?)





Stephanie Poxson from the Library of Congress is quite an expert on Samuel Barber - she did a wonderful turn on the mic - her first time on the air.





And the requisite guest/host shot. Thanks to Tom, Stephanie, and Marilou (from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra) for coming down in person to hang out. A special thanks to Frank M of the Lounge Act on WHFR for the photos, and "The Doctor" Bob N for audio production during the show.





UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who listened to the broadcast - bandwidth issues have forced me to take it down - too expensive to keep it up here! :) (its hosted somewhere else, not Blogger)
Link to the interview itself here. Its 40 minutes long, so don't complain to me about how long it takes to load.
Enjoy
~wod~
PS - did anyone notice this is the first time I've put my face online?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kranki said...

OOooooh! I know what you look like now. COOL!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Princess Alpenrose said...

I noticed, I noticed!!! You look nice. What a fun day THAT must have been...

For those of us who are pretty much technologically impaired, can you explain how/where we can listen to the interview?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Princess Alpenrose said...

I'm at crazyspinto@yahoo.com!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home