Wednesday, August 03, 2005


The dust has settled - on with the music

Well, it looks as though the dustbowl has started to decrease in size over at Waiter Rant - thanks to everyone who sent such nice messages my way after the storm of abuse.

Tangent jump: So Detroit is going to have a new radio station, and it will be 24-hour classical, at the High School for the Performing Arts next to Orchestra Hall, also known as the "Max", after Max M Fisher, who donated so much to the city to build this wonderful performance facility.

The new station will have 50,000 watts.
Sigh...

6 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

I went and checked it out, I think it looks great. So there.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Jess! you came over to the happy place! Welcome, and thanks!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

YAY!!! Thanks for the news about the classical music station. I love CBC, but after 6:00 p.m. I'm left with Danielle Charbonneau who annoys the crap out of me!!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

LOL - I do a great impersonaton of her - she just sounds so damn snooty - you would think she would work that French Canadian accent towards the sexy end of the spectrum.
But hey, don't give up on WHFR - classical from 2AM-10AM 7 days a week, and my show 10AM-1PM on tuesdays. :)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

heh, I sorta kind lurk sometimes, Im such an ass.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

here? im honored, Jess...really.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home