Wednesday, May 04, 2005


Self Portrait day pic - yes, its opera-related

Ok, for all of my "normal" radio listeners, TECHNICALLY this is a blog, not a website, so I caved and agreed to participate in SPD, otherwise known as Self Potrait Day, where a LOT of people on the Internet post a portrait of themselves, usually themed.
I couldn't do the Dooce "How To Annoy Me Thing", because I need to make this opera-related. Although techinically, opera annoys a LOT of people, so...I guess it fits the theme. ; )
My theme, of course, is opera.
Anyone out there in listener-land who can tell what opera manuscript I am viewing will get an actual picture of me, and not just my hand. For those of you who can identify what ACT it is that I am reviewing, I will send you a brand-spanky new classical CD. Anyone who goes for the triple threat and can tell which version of the opera gets a box set.
Ready to play?

GAME IS OVER, LOYAL READER NILBO WON, BFE(WARNING - ADULT CONTENT) WAS RUNNER-UP, THANKS, EVERYONE!

7 Comments:

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Rockin' ink, Opera gal!
Ummmm, which opera?
I'm gonna guess...that one opera in Italian.

Where's my prize?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

ok, the best part about your email, you managed to keep it opera related by quoting an opera in your last line.

Stephen Sondheims "Assasins" to be specific.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I'd love to hazard a guess, but I'm too Bizet.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

right language, wrong composer, same time period, and a little less well-known than Bizet. There is a hint in my archives.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Les Contes D' Hoffmann, Venetian act. Oeser Version ... of course.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

LOL!! What a way to read those archives!
Send me a snail mail addy to whfropera@yahoo.com.
BTW - thats where the picture that appears in my profile is from. I am, to say the least, predictable.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I feel badly about this ... like I was spoonfed. But not badly enough that I won't send you the address ... I loves me some opera.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home